Time is not just running, but recently, time is flying. It seems like yesterday we have just entered college, but then suddenly we have entered an office to earn some money. Well, an older appearance has showed not only in your skin but also in how you dress-up and think-up. Let’s get younger now. Here are the simple ways to do to address your entire person, body and mind.
1) Sleep Well. Just like what I said in the previous article about sleep, it is the most important part to get healthy and keep you fresh everyday. For at least eight hours, a good night’s kip will make you look years younger. Go to bed before midnight, as early as possible. You’ve had enough when you bound out of bed in the morning, full of energy. If you don’t, you need more, or you’re depressed, or you went to bed after midnight.
Lack of sleep is very ageing. If you don’t get enough sleep you look haggard i.e. old. Sleep deprivation is akin to being a zombie; your IQ is less, memory poorer, and your reactions slower. You become more prone to disease.
2) Eat Good Food. Eat plenty of fruit, fish and vegetables and don’t forget to drink water at least 4 liter a day. A healthy diet makes for a healthy body, and health makes you look younger.
3) Moisturize. Moisturizing will not only nourish your skin, but it will help to reduce loss of moisture even further, thus preventing dry skin, as well as repair damaged skin. After every wash, put inert oil on your face. One cheapest way is to use baby oil. Put it especially on your laughter-lines (around the eyes), your forehead, around the mouth and on the neck. You don’t need expensive ointments; independent studies show these are a con.
4) Don’t Smoke and Drink Alcohol. Smoking constricts the capillaries in your face. This is why smokers look pale. It ages the skin. It makes your hair lank. Alcohol is a poison; I bet you don’t want to die earlier, right? Drunkenness is a mild form of poisoning; hence its alternative name: intoxication.
A smoker and alcoholic are essentially in a constant state of ill-health, make you have a weaker immune system, less energy, and less stamina. In time smoking can lead to serious disease. It lengthens recovery time from other diseases. Doctors tend to write-off smokers; they know their work is being wasted. If you have read my article about Cigarette, then you’ve already know what kind of poison inside each of it. You know something? You can kick heroin in five days; nicotine can take weeks.
5) Don’t Over-diet and Over-exercise. Don’t act like you are an anorexic. This makes you look scrawny and haggard. A slightly fleshy face looks younger; the wrinkles fill out a bit. A bit of exercise gets the blood flowing, and reminds your muscles they exist. Too much intense exercise (more than two hours a day), a low carbohydrate diet, and you look haggard; worn out, old, under par. A good amount of exercise will make you healthy and look younger
6) Safe Your Skin from Sunlight Exposure. In Neolithic times men used to cure animal hides by exposing them to the sun. This was the earliest form of tanning; they were making leather. This is what’s happening to sunbather’s skin. That’s why 35 year-old sunbathers look 45, and 45 year-old sunbathers have skin the texture of a leather armchair. Have a little sunbathe is good for your skin but sitting in the sun for hours is weak-minded.
7) Don’t Dye or Bleach Your Hair. Unless your hair is grey or mousey, leave off putting chemicals on it. If you are healthy, your hair will reflect this. Bleaching is bad for your hair, and you may damage the follicles. If the dye doesn’t suit your skin tone, it won’t make you look good anyway.
Don’t Wear Formal Clothes. Wear formal clothes every day? No, you have to dress younger to look younger!
9) Don’t Wear a Beard or Moustache, Or Long Hair (for men). If your hair is thinning and long or you have a beard or moustache, you’ll look older by ten years. Conversely, a short hair-cut and a clean-shaven face take years off you. Cut off your sideburns, I bet you will look younger and cute.
10) Avoid Cosmetic Surgeon. A cosmetic surgeon makes you look using a mask. You lose some of your personality. You become a type; a Hollywood social x-ray, a waxen-faced thing. Don’t do it, girls!
We are not machines; that can be cut out, take a part of it, replace it. Show your inner beauty, it is much better than the artificial one.
12) Don’t Worry. If you have problems, resolve to deal with them, or deliberately avoid them; but decide, and then put them out of your mind. Stress and worry make you haggard, and pre-dispose you to disease. They keep you awake at night, and ruin the quality of your sleep. Resolve your problems before you go to sleep at night. Observe your thoughts and emotions dispassionately. You may be surprised to find how crazy most are!
image credit Dora Pete
No related posts.